Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Walks around the lake


Family Fun
Nice colors
No comment.
You have to love the blue eyes.
One of my favorite things about living in the south are the warm evenings. Lately the kids and I have taken to walking after dinner. There is a loop around the lake that is just over 3 miles, the perfect length for Dad to get some exercise and to get the kids tired out. The temperature cools off enough that it is not uncomfortable, still humid and certainly not jacket weather. The kids love seeing the flock of canadian geese flying and swimming, the frogs, the fireflies,the occasional deer, fish jumping and so on. The sounds from all the bugs are amazing. I look forward to watching the kids have fun, taking pictures of the children and seeing the colors of the sunset each night. This is a beautiful place and we are fortunate to live here.

Enjoy the photos.

4 comments:

alisafye said...

OK-you are my inspiration! Yes, I need to remember we are fortunate to live here in the summer. I never get over the sound of all the bugs at night-it is amazing! It sounds like a jet engine. Your photos are so beautiful! Love the sunset and the kids on their bikes. I'm sure when I get my new camera, my family will look beautiful and happy and I will look thin.

Blogging to Blog said...

You must have an AWESOME camera because all your pictures are amazing! It looks like you live in a fun area!

Brenda B said...

I love the pictures! Looks like so much fun!!

Steve, Meghan, Elena, Sebastian, Ariana said...

Looks like you are all enjoying Mississippi a lot! It looks gorgeous in those pictures!! We miss you! Thanks also for the baby gift. It was very thoughtful.