Sunday, July 20, 2008

Timber!,chasing the geese and catching the sun: a typical weekend?

Saturday

Who said Saturday's were for sleeping in! Believe me, this family was programmed to sleep in, but not this Saturday. We were up and movin'! We had a birthday party to attend, and I had my final capstone course papers to get off in the mail. For me, there was a great sense of relief, and for the first time in a long time, I felt like I could do something fun. I said, "Hey, why don't we go see a movie!" The response...."Dad's going to chop down a tree!" Spencer's reply...."This is going to be totally awesome!" He said this with such enthusiasm, I wondered if we ever had done anything fun with the kids.







So off they went, chopping away. Everything was interesting and all until Shawn began demanding "Water! Water!" as if he were making his last requests before death.
Spencer, ever so eager to help with the hefty task or possibly a little concerned about his father's health, kept asking every couple minutes, "Dad, don't you need your saw?"



The response...."No....got it....were's my water!"


"Dad, are you ok?"
Timber! Shawn survived and the tree's down, but still in the yard. Any bets on how long it will be there?

Sunday


Shawn has created a great routine of taking evening walks around the lake by our home. The kids seem to thoroughly enjoy chasing and spooking the geese.


Shawn also got this awesome picture where it appears that Kenadee is pushing down the sun. Kind of cool, huh?


3 comments:

Brenda B said...

I love that last picture....how cool!!
We close on a house the second week in August!! I will post pics when I can.

Tina said...

Steve is envious of your tree felling. He keeps pointing out dead trees with longing as we travel. I am asking for a big-girl camera so I can learn to take neato pictures...I guess I'll have to borrow some neato kids! I'm gonna miss Emilie!

Nat said...

Oh, I just love all of those pics!!! Every single one shows so much detail of how things are out there! Love the photo of Buddy looking at Shawn bent over! LOL! Pretty funny! And!... I want to learn how to capture some of those amazing "holding the sun" photos! OH MY those are beautiful! Sounds like you're doing great! And a BIG CONGRATS on finishing up with your school Layner! I'm so Proud of You!!! Can't wait to see you and catch up! Lots of Love! Miss you guys!!! :)