Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Oh the pain....!


As many of you know, I have been slowly pursuing "finishing what I started at BYU," through BYU's Independent Study program. It has been difficult, to say the least!




Ten reasons for the pain (although there are more!)

1. I am not a "student" anymore.
2. It has been about 15 years since I last attended BYU. (Longer span of mushy brain = smaller brain power = 3 times the effort and time to do any intellectual task- no kidding!) Now, I'm taking Statistics right now, and could probably come up with a formula to prove that, but it would take me all week!
3. I have 4 little monkeys to manage.
4. I have that $115K job that I employ 24/7 called "motherhood/homemaker," which takes the remaining brain cells that I have!
5. Shawn and I have moved 3 states with our family, with no tangible support (babysitter) in tow.
6. The kids misplaced Shawn's rifle earmuffs, the only sound proofing device that we own.
7. I'm getting old and NEED, but don't often get, a nap every day and a bedtime of 9pm.
8. I kept my most challenging courses for last- what was I thinking! That could give you a glimpse into my personality: AVOIDANCE is safer, but not always smarter or more beneficial. See, I am learning life lessons as I tackle this beastly task.
9. I am a procrastinator at times.
10. I would rather surf the internet, clean my kitchen a dozen times, work out in the yard in a sweltering 90+ degrees plus humidity, go shopping with 4 whining, fighting, begging kids, unpack and sort 100 moving boxes...etc.....etc....

BUT, I'm doing it no matter the pain! Remember, NO PAIN..NO GAIN!

Kenadee last week told me, "Mom, I'm definately not going to do school like you...you seem so stressed!"

My goal: My kiddos will remember their Mom going to school. They will value and want to continue their education. They will want to finish in a timely manner, but regardless, they will strive to accomplish their goals. BECAUSE- it is NEVER too late, you are NEVER too old, and we ALL can do anything that we put our mind to! Some tasks we struggle to get through, but nothing is impossible.

Have FAITH and BELIEVE in YOURSELF!

1 comment:

mjmurdo said...

You're doing an excellent job with all the many things you have going in your life!! I'm so proud of you Jalayne!!!!! You are amazing! I love you!