Thursday, October 2, 2008

Rewind....

It has been forever since I really posted a summary of our family events! I should blame it on the dog that we lovingly adopted the first of August....oh no....it is really because I have been fighting with the children over the new Wii that I got for my graduation. Yes, for my graduation! Who out there thinks that I requested a Wii, or ever mentioned a Wii other than, "we should never get one!"?
Anyhow, I am back after a long mental vacation, but sadly, there have been some great times during these past couple of months that I failed to write about. So, here is a quick timeline of a few events that have happened since the end of July!

For Pioneer Day, we went to a ward members farm to chase goats, sit by the smoldering fire (way too hot in July), tell Pioneer stories, and eat!




The first week of August, Shawn and I decided to live up to our promises and finally get a "family dog". And here she is....Raven....isn't she cute!


On August 2, ALL the kids started school. The school setup in Oxford is VERY interesting. They have one school city wide for K/1, 2/3, 4/5... that means that all of our kids go to different schools. Don't you envy our mornings? There was trepidation among all of them except Spencer, surprisingly. Upon departure, we don't get a hug goodbye or a wave from him; however, if we're lucky, he might look back (I'm sure just to make sure that we are leaving). I thought the abandonment of parents started in the teen years?

Kenadee- 6th grade























Lauren- 4th grade























Sidney- 2nd grade























Spencer- Kindergarten























Ahhhhh.....the Water Valley Watermelon Festival, and on the hottest day ever! Lucky for us, we got free watermelon. Not the itty bitty slices or cubes for those afraid to get their hands sticky and messy, or for those wanting to keep their faces dry and proper. These watermelon quarters, were for us serious watermelon eaters. YUM!

















Another Telford gang is in town, headed for Ole Miss' Law School. Welcome Mike, Mandy and kids! So glad you are here!
These pictures were taken at the Memphis, Tennessee Latter Day Saint Temple, after our church's Stake conference.




And then there were 2 birthdays. Would it surprise you that I can't find the pictures? So sorry...check back!

Finally, the historic 1st Presidential debate was held here in Oxford, at the University of Mississippi's Ford Center for the Performing Arts. Both Kenadee and Lauren had artwork chosen to be presented at surrounding locations in our downtown Oxford Square. Kenadee also had a thought published in the paper. I will post those as soon as I find the flash card! How exciting!




2 comments:

Brenda B said...

I was wondering how you guys were doing. Love the expression on Spencer's face in the first picture. How exciting for the girls to have their artwork displayed.
btw- Did you get a Rottweiler?

Cyndi said...

A dog? I had no idea. I bet the kids love him. How about you?

Next year we are going with you to the watermelon carnival. It was the HOTTEST day of the year and we couldn't find the free watermelon.

I bet it has been so fun having family close by. You have been so helpful to Mandy.

Spencer is a crack up. I can imagine that as a mother you want them to cry on the first day and say how much they missed you. He is so brave, that characteristic will be beneficial.

Different schools? What a pain!

One more thing...love the photography. You have a customer! Will you take our family pictures? Maybe in November when all the colors are out?