Sunday, February 15, 2009

A great book

I am not much into novels. Yes, I did dive into the Twilight series, like most of you, but honestly I am still stuck on the third book. It sits near my nightstand collecting dust. I admit, I have tried to have a crush on the delectable Edward, I really have. But, sadly, I'm not. Am I normal? I mean The Twilight series is like the High School Musical movies series for little kiddies...and big kiddies. It even reaches daddies...don't tell, but my hubby loves to jog to the music. I think he even does a little shake or two and belts out a few tunes...that is, until he realizes he is not in the Wildcats basketball championship or at East High's Prom. I don't fault him, I even wish I were Gabriella sometimes. AHHHH..... what's that song....I can hear it now. Anyhow, I am rambling, and my point really is that I don't fall in love with many novels or fictional characters. I spend most of my time reading current events or educational articles and books. On occasion, I find a book that I think will give me a spiritual lift. May I recommend an author who I have really become captivated by. His name is James Ferrell. I don't know how I came across his first book, "The Peacegiver," but it is one of the most amazing books ever. Short, but powerful. His new release, "The Holy Secret," is equally fantastic. These books have helped me with my perspective on life and the things that are most important. They awaken my spirit, and help me re-prioritize. They help me want to be better. Sorry Edward, I could love you, but I just don't think that will get me anywhere.
Anyone who wants to borrow my copy, either book, let me know. I have the Twilight series as well. And Friends, please remember that I love "ladies night out." Don't banish me when the vampire hero comes into town, I have been and will continue to be one of those first in line to buy movie tickets.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Yay! I'm always looking for a good book. I won't borrow yours, as buying it would probably be the equivalent of postage back and forth. I'll search it out with a little of my birthday moola.

Agreed. Edward is overrated.

Cyndi said...

You make me laugh. I love your commentary.

I loved the Peacegiver. Yes, I would like to borrow it.

Thanks for your help yesterday. I was laying in bed yesterday thinking how sad it was that one of the only days I actually did my hair I had to leave church early. Then I thought of something: Jalayne ALWAYS looks beautiful and people probably don't tell her. Know that I notice and think you looked gorgeous yesterday.

Cyndi said...

P.S. Edward who?

I would love to see your pictures from the coast. It sounds so fun.

Tina said...

Thank you so much for the heads up on a new James Ferrel book. The Peacegiver was life altering for me. I can't wait to read The Holy Secret! I'm just not into vampires....so I left the Twilight series to Emilie, who is re-reading it for the umpteenth time. But I'm all about a ladies night out...let's have some fun!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your book recommendations. I've read the first one and enjoyed it. Here's a similar type book that you might enjoy. It is called The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. It's a short book but inspiring. We miss you here in Washington.